- What are Synthetic Papers?
Synthetic Paper is a very smooth surface that helps alcohol inks to flow and spread perfectly on them. These papers are recommended for doing alcohol ink art.
- What are microns and what do they signify?
Microns mean the thickness of the paper. NARA offers papers in 3 microns which are 275, 330, and 430.
- How can I decide which micron paper suits my requirement?
Generally speaking, 275 microns is the most preferred substrate as it is sufficiently thick and also price competitive, 330 microns is used when an artist is looking for something stiffer. 430 microns is preferred when there is a use of a lot of heat to dry the inks, a lot of beginners start their work from 330 microns and 430 microns.
- What is the GSM of Nara Papers?
GSM signifies the weight of the Nara paper.
275 micron – 200 gsm
330 micron – 250 gsm
430 micron – 300 gsm
- Can I customize NARA Papers according to my needs?
Yes, NARA Papers are customizable according to different sizes and microns. You can message or email us for any customization.
- What is the difference between stain-free and regular paper?
Stain-Free means that the inks can be wiped off the paper and you can begin working on your artwork once again. Whereas in the regular paper the stain cannot be wiped off easily.
- Is NARA paper a YUPO alternative?
Yes, NARA is a better YUPO Alternative as it does not stain.